i hate having psoriasis

Posted , 21 users are following.

i have really bad psoriasis and i have been a sufferer since i was 16. i am now 21 and a mither too 2 kids and i dont have any confidence to even take my kids out for a walk. i can't take them swimming or do anything fun with them which involes taking off a jumper jacket or wearing a bathing suite. i really enjoy summer but dread it coming as i no its too hot to wear long sleave tops or skirts. i have to wear something to cover up as i am so embarrased about the state of my body. its very depressing and people can be nasty and stare alot and point. i always look greasy from my treatments of ointments and i just dont litrually feel comfortable in my own skin sad :roll: sad sad sad sad

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You haven't said what the name of the product is?
  • Posted

The product name is Salcura Intensive.

I hyperlinked in post must have been moderated out.

My apologies

• Posted

I'm giving Salcura (zeoderm) a go at the moment. It's true a good moisturiser - don't know about the other claims though
    • Posted

Zeoderm is indeed a good product in its own right but, Intensive performs a whole different function. Because it is delivered in spray form it is easily absorbed by the skin. Obviously to do any good any application needs to get right down into the lowest layer of the epidermis where the new skin layers form. This is Intensives main function and as stated it will take time for the new skin to reach the surface. Used in conjunction with Zeoderm which rubs into the surface is a good two pronged attack providing the intensive is applied first because the Zeoderm will tend to seal the skin and inhibit Intensives effect.

As for the other "claims" all I have related in my missive is what I personally saw first hand however, I fully accept that everyone is different and will need to try and find out for themselves but, I do feel deep down that people should try it!

Again, I reiterate I have no financial interest any longer.

I wish you well in your journey for a cure for this most disfiguring and uncomfortable affliction.

• Posted

Hi all 

I was looking for something in else when I came across this article. I read it  and it might be useful for some people a bit I know about it. Apparently, there is no efficient cure for psoriasis, and a lot of people are desperate. I talked about it with  many people and in the end it seems that the most success in curing psoriasis have the ones from Balkan region. There are variety of old recipes that only older people know, and the best ones come from old monasteries that have these recipes for centuries. There are few people who have used ointment from one of the monasteries somewhere in Serbia and managed to get better or even cure it.They all swear by it. It might be a good idea to look into it. The ones that are now sold commercially are probably not good.

Lots of luck!

• Posted

Ointments etc probably won't help all that much if you have psoriasis. I have plaque psoriasis and it ate the nails right off my fingers and had awful buttocks and upper leg psoriasis. The Humira cleared it up 100%. I will warn you that TB infection and low immunity is a direct effect of the drug. Humira is very strong and is probably best used if you also have arthritis along with the psoriasis. Look into Otezla which is made by Celgene. It is more specifically geared towards Plaque Psoriasis. It is less intense than Humira and it is also a pill as opposed to a bi-weekly injection which is how Humira is administered. Check with you Doctor but creams and ointments will not work long term. You need to go on a biologic more than likely

• Posted

Hi. I have had psoriasis since 2004 (ever since i got married🙄wink. I was plastered all over my body with it to start with but over the past few years it has calmed down and i only have a patch on my elbow and occassionally on my foot. I have today been told i have psoratic arthritis. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.