I hate it

Posted , 8 users are following.

I just hate the fact that we have to depend on the medication so we can feel better , damn RA , I just want to be Heathy and not worry about taking pills 😩😩

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes. We are totally tied to the medications. It's like being on a leash.

• Posted

I know Tessa, right. My RA came on so suddenly. When I was diagnosed & was given the talk & meds I was shocked. Sore joints, swelling & crazy pain. What choice do we have? RA is NOT for sissies

• Posted

When I first heard I had RA I started to cry just knowing what it can do to our joints ..I still get scared when I go and see my Doc which she is the best , she goes over everything with me .not like other doc who just gives u meds and doesn't really Explain it to us ..

• Posted

I was diagnosed a few months too. RA is horrible! We don't hv a choice but to live with it for the rest of our lives . But I'm hoping for a cure every day. Also living with fear that it progresses...

• Posted

I truly hope they will find a cure for it ..I always think it would be worst ..I'm glad my meds have it under control but I do have my good days and Bad ..

• Posted

Tesa - taking your medication is a necessary evil, or thats the way I look at.

I think back to when there were no antibiotics available, and you could and people did die from a minor scratch from working in the garden. Also for various other conditions, my fathers sister died of sugar diabetics, in 1937, just before the cure was available, another uncle about the same time, was cured and went on to live into his 90's, when he was given the insulin, they told him they didn't know for sure if it would kill him or not, he was one of guinea pigs, but the diabetic condition was killing him so he had no choice, he was an amazing man that i still remember him very fondly, he was always good for some sugar barley sweets, when I was a child.

• Posted

I think my Great grandma had RA back in the days , she used to work in a farm or something ..She got sick and passed away when my grandma was alittle girl ..I know back then they really didn't have an idea what was RA ..

• Posted

I hate that I am constantly having to explain my pain and RA to those around me. Sometimes I feel as though they think I'm putting on a show. I live alone and work two jobs so I have to make it work and they wonder what kind of pain I'm in if I am still getting things done. I hate the struggle and the doubts.

I never in my wildest dreams, thought that I would have arthritis or any debilitating desease for that matter. I was partying this time last year, enjoying my 50s', empty nest and freedom but after 3 months of horrible pain my life changed.

I now depend on meds to keep the pain away and constant fear of any new pain as it could be a side effect.

Pain.....meds....fear.....I hate it.

• Posted

Hi kinjo

My heart goes out to you as I was prietty much the same, the pain is awlful, mine came in just out the blue and I got upset thinking what could be wrong and as u can imagine all sorts went through my head, nightmare stuff, I never dreamt RA could be like this I just thought it was aches and pains but nothing like this, I am on 15mg of methotrexate I hate taking it, it's like poison I have never really felt right since I started it, but on a positive note I have had no pain since starting, a horrible thing to have RA is but there again there is a lot worse out there too, do you think it can ever just disappear once in the body? Or is it 100% there for life?

• Posted

Hi

The thing I hate is always having to remember to do the embrel injection on a Monday evening.

I have got really forgetful since taking all my med

Embrel. steroids. Nortriptolin painkillers.

I am self employed and have to get up at 5am to take the dogs for a walk.

I lost my old dog a year and a half ago and said I would not get another one.

After 3 months I was getting home and sitting down till late.

I noticed I was putting on weight and my joints getting more painful and stiffer.

I now have two new dogs which need walking morning and evening which makes me get out walking more

Feel loads better and it takes your mind of other things.

• Posted

I would just like to be free of the pain, none of the meds have worked for me, the RA is spreading like wildfire and getting worse.   I would love to be able to shake hands again, get up of the floor using my hands, use cutlery properly, be able to turn my collar down,  I take two dozen pills everyday and inject myself every week, sick to death of it!.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.