I hate my life now

Posted , 5 users are following.

Snce havi g hysterectomy in june ive had nothink but problems heartburn anziety and now high blood presure loads of hot flushes im so fed up and down any advice x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bev, 

Sorry you are feeling so bad sad  I also had an hysterectomy in June and had a few weeks of hot flushes even though I was post menopausal before I had my hysterectomy.  I did have a bad period of anxiety 6 years ago that I am convinced was something to do with the menopause.  I was put on Citalopram by my doctor which seemed to help a lot.  Had you already been through the menopause before your hysterectomy?  I would pay a visit to you doctor and explain how you feel and maybe try Citalopram or something else for the anxiety. neutral

• Posted

Hi ive been on citalopram nearly two weeks but dont seem to be lifting me the bp is a new thing so thats adding more worry i had total hyster in june due to 6 ld cyst went straight into menapause dont take any hrt as yet hhave to see cardiologist thursday to see if he recomends hrt am i right in blieving hot flushes boost your bp 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you're down Bev.

Are you taking meds for your flushes etc.

Also having someone you can chat to really helps..... I found. Its so easy to let small issues turn into big ones if you just keep them to yourself.. Any good family/friends?

• Posted

Hi bev 

Sorry to hear you ain't doing to good nobody really tells you all the down sides to the op. Janet mentioned in her reply about citalopram I do take them myself to help with anxiety and they do help they don't totally stop it but do help to lighten the load abit. Do you take hrt for hot flushes?  X

• Posted

Sorry you feel down we all do at some time. Hysterectomy us a large op to recover from and not being helped by hot flushes and anxiety on top. I didn't have any of those after mine so was very lucky. Paying for it now so I didn't get off lightly . Hot flushes are hard to deal with its herbal trial and error sage, black cohosh all good or menopace plus that calms them down. Valerian is great for anxiety as is lavender oils in the bath and on your pillow at night . Keep talking on here we all feel the same in one way or another 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.