I hate what alcohol does

Posted , 9 users are following.

I hate what alcohol does to me. I know I'm addicted. I have two great kids with a constant pressure around me. I don't know why I do it. I do it in the morning before work. Sometimes to the point of not being able to go in. I do it behind everyone's back. I hate myself at the moment because I feel like I let everyone down. I don't want to cope with things but don't know what I'm coping with. My fiancé asks "what are you drinking for"? I don't know the answer. I'm not super depressed. I don't have big issues. I just don't get it. I hate how I feel like I need it. Like medicine. Anyone out there that can help? I've even called in for in treatment help but am worried how it effects our lives for 2 months.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I was in your shoes just a few months ago before i started on the sinclair method. I was desperate since i was drinking for 30 years and despite a million of attemtps to stop i just couldnt. I hated myself. The beginning with sinclair was promising at first than i hit another low for a few months however i got out of it and now i am fine, occasionally having a drink or 2 but not feeling like going on for ever. Give it a try, you will see it works. Its the only thing which really works

• Posted

same for me!! Two wonderful twins only 13 months and I was drinking too much. Stopped and that was 4 1/2 yrs ago. I was doing my best to destroy my health and family for 30+ years...talk to a friend you can trust. Unburden yourselft...this is your year!! Robin
  • Posted

I'll jump in with Phil and say that I was also a drinker for 30 years. I tried AA, but was unimpressed when I heard the stories of all the guys there that had relapsed so many times. There's no need to hit "rock bottom" and while the traditional approach works well for some, I found The Sinclair Method to be the ticket for me.

I had gotten up to at least a 12 pack per night when I started TSM, 6 months later I was at less than a 6 pack per month. I've been drinking well within "low risk" limits since last August, not because I'm so good at resisting drinking, because I simply am far more indifferent to alcohol than I was. You can read more about The Sinclair Method on this page:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/useful-resources-487627

Also, google:

Claudia Christian TEDx talk 

and you will find a video by Claudia recorded at the London Business School, well worth the watch. 

• Posted

The video by Claudia is really good - I have just watched it.

Javgs - this is probably the turning point for  you.

We all, on this forum, can relate to your post and yes it stinks.  It is so very powerful the pull of alcohol and hard for partners to understand when they don't have the same pull.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and you, by coming on here, are just about to jump on the train and start your journey.

Keep positve - you can and WILL do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.