I have 11 points but stated on the phone I haven't been accepted for pio

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just found out I have celiac desiese

I tried committing suicide twice my boyfriend now has to look after my medication for me

I don't leave the house unless he comes with me and that's either to dwp interviews and that's about it if I have to go to the shops he comes in and we go out

I get taxi if I go out and I don't like buses.

I suffer with depression. Ptsd and anxiety attacks,

I have fatigue through my tablets I have to take

My boyfriend has to cook for me or I have microwave meals as aim that out of it I forget I've even put the cooker on or ran a bath.

I suffer with alopecia

I have been sexually and physically been abused by an ex which is why I'm going through all this now. And I had my atos appointment and the lady seemed realy understanding. According to what I understood by the lady on the phone when I rung up about my decision she stated I had 11 points and had not passed rolleyes this has just made me feel worse I mean what's the point!!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sophie

As stated if you scored 11 points on daily living alone you would have been awarded Standard Daily Living PIP 1 point short of enhanced. I have seen many claimants with your conditions and generally they score 11 points mostly because of ‘prompting, supervision or assistance' to do complete the various descriptors.

It could be then the lady was referring to falling short for 'enhanced?'

However, it is also possible that she was referring to the 'total score' for both DL (7) & Mobility (4). Generally they do-not group the 2 scores together as it serves no purpose. As I said most claimants with your conditions score 11 points for DL and also get 4 points for Mobility.

I would guess you will find you are awarded standard daily living and no mobility. If you don’t get that then you must appeal via a Mandatory Reconsideration which has to be returned within one month of the date on letter which informs you of the decision. You need to get a copy of the descriptors (easily done online) along with a copy of your assessment report and identify where you could have scored more points. In the MR explain why and refer to any medical evidence you have to support your view.

• Posted

Ok thank you for your reply and information I will soon find out when I receive the form but I'm defo going to appeal x thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.