I have 13mm endometrial thickness. Waiting on biopsy report.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had bleeding on and off for two months and I'm post menopausal. Age 65. I was on HRT for a short time in 2017. I went for a transvaginal ultrasound and was told I have 13mm endometrial thickness. Had biopsy done.( Very uncomfortable) Take a pain pill an hour before if you do it! Waiting for report from biopsy. Has anyone had good outcome on similar issue?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Susan, you're braver than I am! I refuse to go for pelvic checkups of any kind. Of course I had total hysterectomy at 27, did HRT, then endo came back at 54 & I had a bowel resection. I haven't had a pelvic since I was about 50, am 63 now.

• Posted

Hi Altarg! Thanks for your reply! What did you do for the endometriosis? The ultrasound wasn't too bad really..I'm a chicken! If I can do it, you can too!!

• Posted

I avoid them partly because I'm not having problems but they'll always find something upsetting on me, because I had at least 50 pelvics between ages 24 - 30, and because 25 years ago a jerk of a gp burned me inside with an overheated metal speculum. So I don't let them touch me as long as I can avoid it. I've got tons of big health issues bothering me all the time & i decided I'm not going looking for anything new.

• Posted

Wow! I can understand how you would feel that way! I've let alot of things go over the years as I didn't have medical insurance for many years! And I felt at times some doctor's were all too happy to operate for the money instead of our best interests. Anyway..I know medical.mistakes can be frightening so I don't blame you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.