I have 5 uterine fibroids and 2 ovarian cysts, feel like i'm exhausted

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello friends,

I had severe pelvic pain last week and went to go see my GP.  She took a urine test which showed slight blood in the urine and sent me for blood work and ultrasounds (pelvic and renal).  She thought I had kidney stones. Test results came back, no stones but my WBC was high.  I have 6 intramural fibroids of one which ruptured the week before.  The largest fibroid is 6 cm.  I also have two ovarian cysts.  a dermoid in the right which I have had for the last 17 years.  The one on the left is 2 cm and is a hemorrhagic cyst with internal echoes.  I have been referred to a gynecologist today but predict a very long wait time. I am 46 years old with my periods all over the place but when I do get them its usually with clotting.  I am so tired all the time, with zero desire to do anything.  I usually am a very active and outgoing person and now I wish to be a hermit, not speak to anyone and lye on my sofa all day, I also feel like I'm heading towards depression.  Can someone please help me out on how I can battle this tiredness in the meantime?  Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am having the same problem. Just started taking vitamin D. Starting Amanda Letos program. It is supposed to shrink them. Look it up
    • Posted

Thank you Laura. I already have been taking vitamin D and iron but no help. I will look up your suggestion. 💕💕

• Posted

Oh no, totally feel your pain.

The exhaustion is so debilitating and really affects mood. Maybe return to gp to say you are having difficulty dealing with the symptoms and see if you can be seen sooner? Are you on any medication to reduce blood flow as that may help with energy levels. Also iron supplements to try and build up your stores...took a while for me to get energy again to be honest. 

• Posted

Thank you so much, I am on celebrex. Also taking vitamin D and iron. If I still feel like this for the next week or so I will go back to GP. I hope you are feeling well 💕

• Posted

Hi Parm,

The only supplement that helped me was taking Iron pills and Vitamin C helps the pills work better. Careful too much iron can plug you up. The other thing I did to combat the tiredness was to eat iron enriched foods. I found lists on the Web. I had 4 fibroids ranging from 2-13 cms. and had uterine fibroid embolization last Oct., which is done by a radiologist.

Try to push yourself to go on short walks , if possible.

Good luck! Hope you are doing a bit better soon.

• Posted

Thank you Cindy, did embolization work for you?.. I also take vitamin C but have had no luck. I am.bloated like I'm.8 months pregnant. Waiting to hear back from the gynecologist office for an appointment time 🙄

• Posted

The tiredness and lack of motivation to do anything are awful. In my case these symptoms are definitely due to a lack of iron. As well as taking pharmaceutical strength iron twice a day I have molasses as a drink twice a day which is excellent and eat cockles, other types of seafood, liver etc as much as possible. You need to make sure you are eating a VERY high fibre diet to go along with this. Consuming a lot of iron causes constipation and constipation causes build up of oestrogen which is supposed to cause fibroids. Eating ground flax seeds is brilliant for this. You need to find something which will pull you out of the slide to depression, some kind of body work like acupuncture or may be getting out into nature, walking..Reiki worked for me. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will try and add more fibre and try going for more walks but it's so hard because I have no energy to. I hope you are doing well 💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.