i have a 6 yr old girl and need some advice ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there my little girl has got some behavior problems and was wondering if anyone could give advice at this stage i am trying to get her tested for adhd but i seem to be getting nowhere when she is upset or she gets told no she take tantrums and throws things at people but she is either making a noise with coughing for no reason but now she has started twitching her eyes could any one help me as im running out of things i can do

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

KEEP A DIARY OF THE THINGS SHE DOES WHEN AND WHY  because its diffitcult to remember such  thing . have you looked up the symptoms of Aspergers syndrome

she could be showing signs of this . 

• Posted

thank you but she never knows why she has done this aspergers is something i will have to look into
    • Posted

aspergers children can t always explain why they do such things ,they react to things with out knowing why ,

my son and i are both medium range aspergers .with above average iq .

aspergers tend to be sensistive to  much stimulus . sound ,smells , touch i e hate scratchy labels or seams , certain pitches can throw us in to a tizz 

worth checking ou tthe symptoms they nearly always are above average inteligence and tend to get bored easy .

• Posted

I'm going gturougj the same thing .. I bet you anything she is different at school . And this is the brick wall I'm hitting .. Speak to everyone gp .. Get regretted to pead or Cahms or the authorities autism services ... Also the school senco .. I'm fighting init because she is different behaviours at school I'm stuck .. Girls have a differ t ways to aspergers and they can control it I say it's like wearing a mask also ring the autism uk helpline they can advise as well xox
    • Posted

i didnt get diognosed with aspergers till iwas 46 i had a terriable time being bullied at  school. and with certain subjects and teachers

the friends i did make i kept all thru school .and still have contact with two of them now.

but i dont make new friends or mix well in groups etc 

girls fare better with aspergers because they have better communacation skills in general and this spills over in even into aspergers

luckly we had disapline at school and routine 

so i got throu theres no way i would get thru school today

my brother who is also aspergers didnt make it thru school and was sent to borstal for truency he wasnt diognosed again till his 40s

my son was diognosed at 6 and to be honest the help still isent there

as this condition does not fall into mental health or learning diffitculties

• Posted

Hi there.  Based on what you have shared it would appear that your daughter is experiencing heightened levels of anxiety, in that understanding anxiety is typically experienced when a person is presented with an aspect of life that they do not feel like they have the skills to respond to. So the real quesion is what is your daughter presented with that she does not feel like she is completely equipped to respond to.  In my clinic when i work with parents, I often suggest they replace the word 'no' wiht either "yes when" or "yes how".  Yes when staing that yes your request can be met at a certain time (ys at 8.00am, yes on monday, yes in december, yes when you are 18) where yes how is stating what behaviours are required prior to the request being met (e.g, yes when you have packed your toys away, yes when you have finished your dinner etcera).  The key wiht this is that the word 'no' takes control away from teh person and thus they do not feel equpped to making their no become a yes ... whereas when the answer is no 'no forever' rather it is 'yes at another time' then our language can support the child to feel more equpped to deal wiht this part of life.

The key that is important to remember is that any unwanted behaviour including her eyes twitching is her body's way of communicating that the does not feel completley equipped to repsond to what life is presenting to her ... so the simple process that is reuqiered is (1) what in life does your daughter not feel like she has the skills to repsond to and then (2) how can we teach her the skills so she feels equipped to deal wiht that part of life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.