I have a bald patch on my head!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies, Ive been on HRT tablets for 10 months now (elleste duet conti). I noticed a few weeks ago that I thought my hair was getting thinner, I always wear it short and it looks fine. However today my husband put his hand through my hair and noticed a thin patch, I got him to take a picture of it for me. I am horrified at how big this patch is & it really is bald! I am mortified. Has anyone else had this before & if so did it grow back at all or has it got any worse?image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Rachel, you may want to post this over on the meno boards to see if anyone had this happen on HRT.

To me your hair doesnt look so thin, but the bald spot looks like maybe a patch of alopecia areata. If you see a derm they can help you. Sometimes you just need a little cortisone to stimulate the hair growth. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.