I have a bartholin cyst. What should i do??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 23 and i have got bartholin cyst for about 3 weeks, its just a cyst not abscess. I feel like that it has just started growing up now as its mouth is turning towads vagina which may sometimes cause irritation. There is no pain or any symptoms of abscess. I have tried using warm water with salt and dettol but it just grew up a bit.

What should i do now.

Please tell me some home treatment for this..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

i would continue with the sitz baths.  I noticed a bump in the private area a while ago , but didn’t think anything of it until it started hurting about 2 weeks ago.  Didn’t know what it was but went to the doctor this Monday since I was having a lot of pain standing and walking.  The doctor told me to take the sitz baths, apply warm compresses, & take Advil/ Tylenol.  Today is Thursday and it burst.  I will spare you the gross details.  I had also applied ice to it to relieve the pain.  When you say it “grew up” it is getting to the point of bursting.  If you’re worried about it I would go and see a doctor or talk to your mother or someone you feel comfortable with.  Otherwise, treat it at home, you will be OK.

• Posted

If you don't have pain, it is not infected and there isn't much you can do. You can get it drained by your OB/GYN and it was instantly relieve any discomfort you are having, but it will more than likely come back. I'm also 23 and have had 8 over the last 7 years and recently had the gland itself removed to prevent this from happening. I posted my experience because so far, so good and I have no regrets.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.