I Have A Black Dog

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a black dog.

He wakes me early every morning, sometimes very early, he never lest me sleep in and enjoy the sound of the birds gently waking me.

He slobbers all over me and jumps up and down until I'm fully awake.

I have to get up, feed him and play with him or he wont leave me alone.

When I think he's had enough I sometimes sneak back to bed and try and get more sleep before he wakes me again.  Sometimes I'm too awake to go back to sleep so I give in to my black dog.

All through the day my black dog needs attention, wanting more and more from me.

I have to play with him, feed him, play with him and take him for walks.  But he doesn't like other people so we go to quiet places where no one will see us or want to talk to us.  My black dog is very unsociable to strangers.  To people we know he's fine and no one really see's how much trouble he is as I keep him on a tight leash.  I try to eat but I can't as my black dog comes back and stops me from doing or enjoying the simplest of things.

By the end of the day my black dog has tired me out.  So we go to bed early and he lets me sleep for a few minutes before he gets on the bed and wakes me.  I feel hot and sweaty.  He suffocates me and I can't breath.  I push him away but he's so heavy. I struggle and struggle.  So I reach for my pills and settle into a induced sleep thats broken many times by my black dog.  Tomorrow my black dog will wake me early again and I fear that one day my black dog will be too much and I wont wake from my sleep

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi if I remember correctly I saw a video about this.
    • Posted

May I ask what video??

i call my depression my black cloud I say it en.compassing me!!! Wearing it like a shroud !!!Thought I could relate.

vicky 

• Posted

Yes, good analogy. Winston Churchill used to call his depression 'black dog' as well. And Led Zep had a cool song called Black Dog! So there are many black dogs. 

• Posted

Its just my black dog and I hope that by writing it down it helps me in some way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.