I have a bleeding polyp! Anyone else experience this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 42 years old and have been experiencing bleeding in my stool for about 6 months. It was never a lot of blood but it has been with almost every bowel movement. It was also a bit darker (not bright red) and had very small blood clots. I tried to tell myself it was internal hemorrhoids. I got a colonoscopy this week and found out I have a 1 large polyp (2.5cm) located in my sigmoid colon which is causing the bleeding. The polyp is on a stalk and the doctor was able to remove it all. Now I'm just waiting for biopsy results and I'm very scared. Has anyone had a similar experience of a large bleeding polyp? I have no other risk factors.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi,

sorry you are having to go through this. i had the exact same experience, i had a large polyp that they removed and had it biopsied ans found it was benign. i now go every year 😭 but better safe than sorry!

fingers crossed that the outcome is good for you! please update here

• Posted

Thank you so much for the response. I got the pathology on the polyp and it is also benign! My doctor said I should have another Colonoscopy in 2 years. My polyp was around 2.5cm in the Sigmoid colon. It was a pendulated tubulovillous adenoma polyp with no dysplasia. I'm only 42, have no family history and I would consider myself healthy. I eat well and excercise. I have no other medical conditions. I was shocked to say the least. Curious as to why your doctor would like you to have yearly colonoscopies?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.