I have a cyst down there and I don’t know what to do.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello. I have what I think is a cyst on my vagina right above my clitorus. It has been here for about two weeks and when I think it’s about to get better it doesn’t. I’m getting really frustrated with it. I’ve been putting a warm washcloth on it when I can and I recently tried to put aloe on it but I think that burned my skin a bit and now I’m in a lot of pain. I am out of the country and will be for a while so I can’t see a doctor and I’m panicking a little. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, well it’s impossiblr to say what it might be - you can get very painful cysts on the bartholin glands either side of the vagina which need Medical intervention but it sounds like yours is higher up than that.  If you really can’t see a doctor now, I suggest you either a) leave well alone until you get home or b) you could try some 1% hydrocortisone cream (thinly) or some fucidin cream (if you can get it without prescription where you are - it’s an antibiotic cream) or some Elma cream to numb the area.  Stay away from the aloe Vera as it can cause problems.  Sorry I can’t help more but if it doesn’t settle (it may just be a nasty big spot!) you’ll need to

See a doctor or a nurse.  Hope it clears up soon - these things can make us feel pretty miserable! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.