I have a disc buldge and ligament damage but now a lump on bum

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an accident in work a year ago and have finally been diagnosed with a disc buldge and 3 very stretched ligaments in my ankle but since my last physio I have started to get a pain in my right buttock and gradually it has been getting worse I'm in pain sitting walking standing going the toilet and the pain is that unbearable at times that I can cry. And now 4 days into this pain I have a large lump I can feel under the skin about the size of a 10p its about 3cm from the bum crack and is extremley sore to touch has anyone any idea if this is related to my other problems or something else as I don't know weather to go doctors or wait for my next physio

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Something needs to be done if the buldge is still causing you that many problems, or if a new herniation hs developed. An MRI scan should be doneĀ  determine any nerve pressure and if there is any modic degeneration present. You should see a doctor about the lump, could possibly be a piloidal cyst. This might necessitate lancing for drainage and antibiotics, which may possibly help your back as well.

    All the best and I hope you fel better.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Well I've had an eventful week got the lump diagnosed as a perianal abscess was given antibiotics after 2 days it got 10 times bigger went to the walk in centre at the hospital who immediately admitted me to the ward for a emergency operation and got released today but in a lot less pain now than I was before and because of the size they put a drain in instead of packing it
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up