i have a discharge a week and a half before my monthly c...

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have a discharge a week and a half before my monthly cycle it sometimes is clear and sometimes a milky green colour i have had a smear and the results were fine but is this normal i constantly have a battle with thrush why does this occur

[i:cc7cc34ed1]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:cc7cc34ed1]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi this is a similar thing happening to me and ive had several antibotics and it still occurs.

[i:03144bdd40]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:03144bdd40]

• Posted

I'm so glad that i am not the only one who experiences this. I seem to be getting it the week leading up to my periods. This has been happening for the last 6months(approx) and i still have no answers as to why. I have been told that maybe hormones can be a factor. I have given up on buying treatments from the chemist and just use good old (cheap) natural yoghurt, a bit messy but it does the trick at a fraction of the cost.

[i:c372bbfd9f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c372bbfd9f]

• Posted

Hi,

I've had the same problem for a year now and it does drive you insane and wreak havoc with your sex life sad

I've seen 2 different doctors - the first had no idea, the second said its bacterial vaginosis and prescribed a course of antibiotics.

It did clear for about 2 months but is now back and i'm using the trusty natural yoghurt which does help.

I'm not entirely convinced by the diagnosis i received as i've suffered with recurring thrush for the last 6 years or so and am well aware of the symptoms.

I've also been seen by a consultant gyneacologist who diagnosed a hormone imbalance....therein i think lies the fundamental problem! Unfortunately i get the feeling its likely to stay that way until i hit menopause which will probably be another 20 years or so :shock:

[i:4360e37fe8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4360e37fe8]

• Posted

Hi, i have exactly the same thing, every week before my period is due I get thrush and it sometimes develop in to bacterial vaginosis just been today to get yet more metronidazole to take which drives me mad cause somestimes I just need a glass of wine after running round after my 3 kids all day and looking after other peoples (childminder) however I just have to keep telling myself it will get better. It does get depressing my eldest child is 6 in november and I have suffered worse probably since having the children although before them i was always rather prone to thrush anyway. It has definately got worse but yes my husband does get frustrated because it plays hell with your sex life. My sex drive has abuot a 0% level at the moment it is just none existant! Every month without fail this month has been rather bad though I have had it for 3 weeks now and the diflucan doesnt work with me. I have had many courses of diflucan for 6 months at a time and it just doesnt cure anythin or keep it away!

so yes us women do suffer and i think it is definatly a hormone imbalance but please please please can someone out there develop a cure sometimes it is agony!

nice to know i am not alone.

• Posted

I have been suffering on and off for 3 years but can say the last year I have had it every month. Been to the gum clinic to check is was not anything else and just a strong case of thrush. Viginal pessery and cream supplied. I find the pessary can get rid of it for 1 month.

In an attempt to sort my misery I went to the herbal shop - Prescribed - 6 acidophlis a day - a tincture of echinecea and goldenseal (anti-viral & disgusting but so desperate) and cut out all sugar. Sugar they say feeds the yeast. been on with this for 1 month and bloating has slowed down, I have also tried reducing bread and wine.

All going ok, but just got a bad case of thrush. Herbal treatments don't happen over night. I am going to stick with it - but thought that the spa tone comment from someone else interesting as I have a tendency to be borderline anaemic.

[quote:8439d5147c=\"J. \"]i have a discharge a week and a half before my monthly cycle it sometimes is clear and sometimes a milky green colour i have had a smear and the results were fine but is this normal i constantly have a battle with thrush why does this occur

[i:8439d5147c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8439d5147c][/quote:8439d5147c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.