I have a feeling that something is stuck in my throat.....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Feels like it blocks my airway at times throws me into a panic attack...I can eat but it's there since Sunday..the feeling of something stuck and it's usually left of my throat but goes into back of throat too... I went to ER and was there 7 hours they did a ex-Ray and they said they seen a calcification but then did a catscan and seen nothing... they didn't have a camera scope so I have to make another appointment...uggggg I need this gone...Did anyone ever have this problem???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Only an ent can use the tiny 'scope to look. But an xray would show tumors etc. did they inject dye?

Ct scan with barium meal can be done to see u swallow

Tonsilitis can feel like something is stuck in throat.

Relax. Dont worry about was not happened. U need to see an ENT. What medication are u on?

It can be a stress thing also. Anxiety produces lots of odd things.

But please talk to a professional soon.

Stick around so we can see what your next appointment brings u.

• Posted

Hi they did do the dye on the catscan...the medication I'm on is gabapention for neck pain... and the only way I get any relief from this problem is if I sit quite and not swallow...at all..... uggggg can't deal........it's been a week today......help

• Posted

One or the side effects of Gabapention is Viral infections such as sore throats.I was on Gabapention for the same thing you have neck pain.The neck kept getting worse and I had a three level ACDF C 4-5, C5-6, C 6-7.I have been off the Gabapention for 5 months now and still have the sore throats.ENT said I have LPR very hard to treat probably will have the sore throat's the rest of my life.

• Posted

Brain scan , throat endo : forget all that first try this harmless thing first.

THE CURE IS THIS : take a 24hr antihystamine tablet Take 1 (zyrtec in USA its called : ingredent is (  Cetirizine ) UK serch boots for Allergy Relief 10mg Tablets Cetirizine Hydrochloride .

1 a day make it go away , your body is releasing low level hystamine TRUST me dont pay for tests EXPENSIVE and takes ages I was clear of all allergies but my body tempeture caused my body to attack itself and I would get Globus , its a mild throat closing nothing dangerous just annoying , Iv been taking this anti hystamine tablet never came back... I just take one every day non drowsey stay away from benadryl makes you drowsey . or you can take one NOW any anti hystamin tablet will work. let me know and others here if it helped, let me know here is if works for you ! so others can try .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.