i have a growth in my eye which can be seen near the iris

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have posted before but have been told i have a growth which looks like an extention of the iris.

Can someone please help. Im so worried! Are all growths in the eye cancerous?

My symptoms are a flashing light on the top corner of my eye and a slight loss of vision.

Any help will be appreciated!

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Leigh, how did your appointment go?  I have been thinking about you and hope everything is alright.

• Posted

Hello mrsmop.

I found out i had a rare cancer growth in my eye. I have had to have my eye removed and am waiting to go back for results and a new eye made.

Im still in shock. Im still scared.

The surgeon said tgat all the eye socket was clear and no other cells were found so im clinging onto that!

• Posted

Oh Leigh, I am so sorry but you are at a really good hospital.  I hope they are helping you with the psychological part of all this too.  Have you spoken to one of the hospital chaplains?  They are often very good at listening to you.  I can't imagine how frightened and shocked you are.

That is good news that no other cells were found.

Have you any idea when you have to go back?

I wish you well and, keep in touch.

• Posted

Hi ya.

Yes they are a really good hospital! Cannot fault them so far.

To be honest ive only really had my friends and family around me. They have all been amazing!

It still doesnt seem real. Ive calmed down now knowing its out of my body and im getting used to using one eye.

I heard today that i have my scan on thursday then i suppose i will then get an apppintment with the consultant.

Everything crossed!!!

Hope ur keeping well xx

• Posted

Hi Leigh, I'm so pleased you are getting lots of support.

I have crossed everything for you for Thursday and then the Consultant's appointment.

I am well, thank you.

• Posted

Thanks so much. Will let u know how i get on xx
    • Posted

Hi Leigh, just to let you know that I am thinking of you and hope that everything is going as well as it can, for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.