I have a huge bum and worried my hrt isn’t getting through or am I being silly?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it true that if you put your hrt patch on a fat bum or belly that u only get 10 per cent hormones going through? Or is this rubbish? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am not allowed hrt. But my understanding is that it goes to your blood stream through your skin. So I wouldn't think it matters where it is on.your skin or how fat the area is. It is still on your skin and going through your blood stream. But i might good be erong. Who knows. Good luck.

• Posted

You should get the full effects of the patch when placed it on your stomach or above your buttocks. The instructions should tell you where to place it. Good luck.
  • Posted

Yup. Total rubbish! Try sticking it on your arm if you’re that concerned! It gets into your blood stream so fat doesn’t play a roll in it. 🙂

• Posted

My rear is not small and it gets through just fine! 👍🏻 xx

• Posted

my dr said can only put it below the waist not to go above the waist area at all so she said butt or thigh thats it not stomach not near breasts not arm.

iv got a fat butt im ok with my patch the only prob i have is it falling off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.