I have a iguinal hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the hospital today 2 hrs into working and found out that i have a i

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sry i have an inguinal hernia the hosptil did an ultra sound ect now im at home trying to sleep as we speek and i cant i literally can feel my inteston moving in that eara i dont know if this is normal but it very uncomfortable to the point that im having a had time sleeping i am calling the surgeon for an over the phone conultation in the morning. What can i do to get through the night without feeling what am feeling. Detail my testicals keep contrasting and then going back down mean while i feel like my inteston is moving from the hole were it is sticking out of is this normal is there anything i can do for the evening
  • Posted

Hi Steven04137,

I had the same as you but three of them, I had surgery but I now have a new one that needs surgery, it sounds as if you have an indirect and direct hernia, the only thing that works is lying flat on your back and let the intestine slip back into the abdomen.

What you are going through is normal for this condition, I hope this helps you.

• Posted

If the hernia is not reducible (ie you cannot push it back) then it will need  an operation very soon.  If you can push it back then you could buy a truss so that it can be held in place during the day.  I bought a good truss online (Amazon, it cost about £17 in the UK) which did the job until I had the operation.  The hernia will rumble and move about as gas and faeces pass through the intestine inside it.  You may need professional advice about how to fit a truss if you are unsure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.