I have a lump in my right lower abdomen, what could it ge

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 69 year old male with a swelling in the lower right abdomen, it doesn't cause any pain, there is no bleeding on the toilet. If I palpate it it feels like liquid, and if I push on it it goes away. I keep fit walk a lot, still work live in Nigeria, although from UK.

I try to eat healthy don't smoke, but do drink a couple of beers on evening. The swelling is like and size of a sausage bit rounder. And appears to be in Caecum region. I work in film and TV training need to be fit carrying cameras and such

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi arthur33690

Suggest you get your 'swelling' checked by a doctor-it sounds like it could be a cyst which is full of fluid- don't take any chances with your body! (I am not a doctor and am only guessing by how you have explained the problem.)

See a doctor -and let him palpate the area himself to see what he may need to do-

Susan

• Posted

Arthur

I would get it checked out by your doctor. It could be a hernia. My guess is that it is unlikely to be bowel cancer (they start inside the bowel though secondaries would be outside)

Hope you have a doctor available in Nigeria.

Mike

• Posted

I agree with the others, you need to be checked out by a doctor.  Any unexpected lumps etc need to be examined. Even though they may not be cancer, and the one that you have doesn't look like this, they represent something unexpected and undesirable.

• Posted

Thanks for advice guys, will look for reliable doctor over here, I also just realised the swelling/lump is at the same location I had an inguinal hernia mesh repair three years ago

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.