I have a lump on my labia and I think it is a bartholin cyst.

Posted , 3 users are following.

It hurts when I sit down and sometimes when I walk. I have used a hot washcloth for compresses, I have used cold water to help maybe the swelling go down, I have even put a heating pad between my legs applying pressure on it when I sleep. I only noticed it a few days ago and thought it was an ingrown hair. I haven't had any sexual activity since October. It hurts to itch and touch it. It even hurts when I wipe after using the restroom. I'm trying as many home remedies as possible before telling my doctor because at the moment we are still trying to figure out if I'm going to have a strong pregnancy or not and I don't want anything getting infected. Please somebody help me I'm desperate right now!! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like yours is infected. Don't worry it will burst.. First you need to run a hot bath! Add salt (lots of it) and quite a few drops of tea tree oil! This bath needs to be hot! Really hot so only let it cover your cyst not your pregnant belly! Do this as often as possible and your cud will burst eventually. I'd use a sanitary towel when possible as this can be a lot of puss! Good luck please read some of my threads on this! 
    • Posted

So I took a really hot bath tonight, just enough to cover the area.  Although when I talked to my doctor he said it sounded like an ingrown hair--he didn't examine me, we talked on the phone and I told him what was going on. So I took an hour long hot bath with lots of Epsom salt and tea tree oil. When I got out it still hurt like crazy. When I got home about 2 hours later I had gone to the bathroom and noticed my underwear soaked in blood.  I wasn't sure if I was still pregnant or not.. And then I thought maybe this had drained--it did but I was and still am confused about why it drained blood? Any ideas? 
  • Posted

There is a lot in here makes me think it's not a batholin cyst e.g. Hurts to touch, it's usually uncomfortable but not hurt. But to make you feel better I had a cyst marsupalized under G.A at 5 moths pregnant and at 9 had a bountiful boy, ask your daughter to check, no secrets between you and your doctor is my suggestion
  • Posted

I'm just getting out of the bath. I took an hour long bath using Epsom salt and tea tree oil. I told my doctor and he said it might be an ingrown hair... But I need him to look at it at my appointment with him on December 19th. It still hurts to walk and sit down. I can't take big strides because that hurts too. Is there any other suggestions? My doctor did say it sounds like it is probably filled with puss and I should drain it. Any ideas? It's hard to take baths because we don't have one in our house and it's hard getting access to one. 
    • Posted

If you have a large tub (big enough to sit in) you can sit in it with hot water and salt. If infected and filled with pus and blood these are excruciating! You need to be taking several got baths a day with lots of salt (you can use household salt too) this draws out the infection.. And also if baths are not easy a very hot compress or flannel pressed on the area helps to draw it out too! If it has drained you need to keep it really clean and keep up with the sits baths so it does not get reinfected! Because you are pregnant you really need to see a doctor. But it's not unusual to have blood mixed with pus! If it's bright red blood coming straight from your vagina then see your doctor ASAP!! If it's a light and browny colour then it's from your cyst. And if still painful it has not fully drained.. Good luck and let us know how you get on at the docs 
    • Posted

It eventually drained that night. It hasn't come back or hurt down there since. It did drain blood but honestly I wasn't paying attention to the color of it. I was more worried about why I was bleeding. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.