I Have a lump on my right wrist at the bottom of ...

Posted , 2 users are following.

sad

Hi

I Have a lump on my right wrist at the bottom of my little finger on the round bone where it joins the wrist. i think it is caused from using a mouse and rubbing on the mouse mat everyday, as it goes red and painfull whilst i am at work, does any one else suffer with this, and is it a ganglion?

[i:61e3d317c3]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:61e3d317c3]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have been to see my GP last month, due to extreme pain in my right wrist. The doctor told me it was a ganglion, (it is at the joint with my wrist and base to the thumb). He suggested waiting to see if it goes of its own accord. I am in too much pain to wait, therefore he suggested seeing a consultant at the hospital. Have an appointment mid June to see what they can do. Has anybody had successful surgery or pain relief. I use the mouse every day as I am a IT Consultant. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Angel

x :roll:

[i:023f10ef31]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:023f10ef31]

• Posted

Hi i have the same problem ahve had it for years thinkin it would go away but it aint. My ganglian is still there bigger and more pianfull get it taken out, im going to next week x

[i:68cfa34d60]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:68cfa34d60]

• Posted

I have been to see a consultant yesterday with regards to my painful ganflion. He has suggested having it surgically removed under general anesthetic. I'm scared!!!

Any body had successful surgery. Was it painful afterwards, and what were the steps before.

Very worried, been having nightmares last night!!! not slept:?

Angel:yikes:

[i:ac8e4d46b2]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ac8e4d46b2]

• Posted

Yes. I have the same exact thing and it's really starting to annoy me. I work 12 hour shifts (no more than 2 or 3 in a row) but after working a couple of days, mine is real sore. I believe it is also from clicking the mouse and rubbing the mouse pad. Typing does not help either. Sometimes I can feel the soreness up to my elbow. I play alot of darts too and it really affects my game. The doctor told me it was a cyst and could have someone lance it but told me just to soak it in warn water at this stage. Not sure how that's going to help though because the lump is hard. It's not like swelling. I'm going to give it a try and see how it works. I have also used a trackball mouse and that seems to help a little. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

[i:20bdfa5e1f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:20bdfa5e1f]

• Posted

Got same. Put foam on my house to stop me from pushing on the mouse in that area. Use heat huh? I'll have to try that. It's not "super" hard but it's sort of pushy firm. It has a couple of other areas by it that a very small but went away, they formed when I was massaging it every night so they might be fluid? Good luck! We will see. I had an x-ray don't but don't have the results yet.

• Posted

I have same. Right in the palm where the mouse rubs. I suppose it may need to be drained at some point. I'm treating it with Ice at night at bedtime and I put foam on my mouse in a spot to stop it from rubbing on my hand. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.