I have a lump on the shaft of my penis for a couple of days and I don’t know what to do pls help!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

im 16 years old, i dont trim my pubes. i have a lump on the shaft of my penis and is red. i am a virgin, i masturbate a couple of times a week and i just noticed it. it looked like a pimple but it didnt see like it. im too afriad to go to a doctor cause i cant tell my mom and my dad isnt around. i live in india and healthcare is very expensive. what do i do! pls tell me what to do and if i can continue masturbating.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

its been the same for almost a week now! image

what do i do?!!!!

• Edited

John, there ate two things this can be, a Penile Cyst or Penile Lymphocele

Here is a little detail on Lymphocele from a medical Source

When a lymph channel in the penis becomes blocked, a hard swelling can form at the penile shaft. This swelling is a Lymphocele, and it typically occurs after sex or masturbation.

These blockages tend to clear quickly, so treatment is typically unnecessary.

.... both normally clear away in their own time and are harmless - Cysts take longer to clear. You MUST avoid irritating the Lump any further by pressing on it or scratching at it as this can add to the amount of time it takes to heal.

You need to give yourself a masturbation break as this will further irritate the bump, try to abstain for 3 weeks or more ....

• Posted

should i be adding anti fungal cream on the lymphocele / penile cyst?

• Posted

As long as you shower / wash regularly and have freshly laundered underwear every day you should not have any fungal or yeasts issues present on your penile skin.

Applying any medicinal cream, without due cause can cause problems.

So, NO, do not apply anything - simply leave it alone to heal naturally.

• Posted

it's been a week now and I have been applying gentamicin cream... should I stop? it hasn't changed so should I stop at all?

• Posted

By applying anything to this all you are doing is further irritating this and making it longer before it will begin to heal

• Posted

it has now been 10 days. i went to a doctor 8 days ago. i got pills and was told to use a gentamicin cream. done that. finished the prescription. the lump decreased in size heavily. looks a lot better now, but is still red and has a small bump to it. the problem is that there is now another pimple like sore has formed near it. IDK what to do and am very worried. it's small and looks like a swollen fordyce spot. i will keep doing what im doing. i haven't masturbated in almost 3 weeks and i'm really dying to...! what do i do?!

• Edited

it is now looking horrible! its been a week and a half and it now has grown bigger BUT it now looks like a massive pimple. just couple of minutes ago it popped and it looks like a red bump and has a giant open pore... what do i do?!!

• Posted

it has now been 10 days. i went to a doctor 8 days ago. i got pills and was told to use a gentamicin cream. done that. finished the prescription. the lump decreased in size heavily. looks a lot better now, but is still red and has a small bump to it. the problem is that there is now another pimple like sore has formed near it. IDK what to do and am very worried. it's small and looks like a swollen fordyce spot. i will keep doing what im doing. i haven't masturbated in almost 3 weeks and i'm really dying to...! what do i do?!

• Posted

If you keep getting pimples this is most likely linked to genital hygiene, so showering in the morning and trimming very short your pubic hair helps with this. the other essential is putting on freshly laundered underwear after you have showered, or at least, fully washed and drying your genital / groin region. You should ONLY be using a towel that you ONLY use.

You could contact the doctor again and inform what the current situation is right now.

If you have access to liquid antiseptic that is for use on the skin you could look at making yourself a weak solution of it and applying some regularly until all the pimples and infections are fully cleared

• Posted

Hey, can you let me know what pills did your doctor prescribe you and did the doctor let you know what the red bump is ? I have the same bump on my groin and I suspect its Lymphocele.

• Posted

Hi, I wanted to ask you if the issue was resolved without any problem. Please answer and tell me how long did it take to heal and can I masturbate because Im dying to.

• Edited

how big! lump...colour nvm seen it , its not dark sinister looking. id say also sweat maybe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.