I have a lump under my armpit, go doctor couldn't feel it yesterday but i can today

Posted , 2 users are following.

So for a few weeks ive been having these issues of sensitive and tender armpits that sometimes result in feeling swollen or having some form of a lump in the under arm area, i've only just noticed the lump today and i kinda noticed one a few days ago but yesterday the doctor couldn't feel anything and neither could i?

Ive been referred for a chest xray and blood tests so im waiting on those, however im confused with this whole situation... could it be a raised lymph node from using deodorant that my body has a reaction to, is that even a possibility, could it be due to me feeling like i have abit of a flu/cold (muggy headache, achey back and sinuses) I can grab the lump and move it and its a tiny bit tender to touch however the other day it was very tender to touch, like i can pinch my skin and get under the lump and move it around 

Sorry if i seem super ridiculous its just odd i feel so fatigued, my appetite has certainly dipped and the armpits are the only real thing i can think of. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

"like i can pinch my skin and get under the lump and move it around "-if that is true it is most likely a lipoma(a benign fatty tissue formation), which is nothing to worry about.Even if it turns out it is a lymph node since it is so movable and tender it shouldnt concern you.It can be due to the flu that you are having.It can also never go back to normal size and stay like that without  making problems.But again the way you are describing it it sounds like a lipoma.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.