I have a mole I'm concerned about.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello.

About 2 years ago a mole appeared next to my left brow and after a little research found that moles frequently appear on people all the time so I stopped worrying about it and got on with my life until this morning.

I looked at it in the mirror and found that it's outer edge is darker in colour that the middle, it's not built like a lump and is flush with the skin around it. Also, and this simply could be psychology attached to the worry around it, I've been able to 'feel' it as if it's burning.

Because we're now at a Friday night my doctors is closed until Monday leaving me worrying over the weekend.

Can anybody help to tell me what this is? I've described it as best I can. If it helps I'm a Caucasian male and though the middle is a lighter colour than the darker outer edge it's still darker than the 'true' colour of my skin.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

I know it's hard to ignore but if it makes you feel any better I had some similar to your's. They were removed and thankfully they were benign. On Monday book an appt. to be seen as it's good to have them checked sooner than later. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you.

I posted here because the only thing I know about this subject is that the colour matters relating to it which is why I detailed it as much as I have.

I'll book the appointment because it's better to be safe, many people are affected by this and turns out it's nothing so until I can see a doctor I'll focus on this.

• Posted

I think it would be wise to have it checked and I really hope that evrything goes well.
  • Posted

Abslolutely agree with penny49988. Just check it and you'll exactly know if there any reason for anxiety.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.