I have a my pins/screws taken out of my ankle

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had my pins out in June of this year. But I am in more pain than when I had them in my ankle. I hate being in pain.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Why are you in pain did you have x-ray done first to see if

you're break had

Healed properly im due to have my plate and screws removed on the

9th of December as I get a lot of pain right below the plate and as it's healed good

Im hoping to get a lot of movement back in my foot it was explained to me also the bad pain

I had under my foot was the tendons going over the metal plate I hope you're

Pain goes soon as I think you're suffered enough if not go get it checked out love and light dawn

• Posted

Maybe like me the pain I get underneath my foot is the plate

aggravating

My tendons that are being stretched across it

my pain off the plate is on my left side right below my ankle it wrecks when you touch it

The doctor said it's where the plate ends go see the doctor again to ask if this is whats causing you're pain xxdawn

• Posted

Let me know what she thinks I think it's where the plate is it wouldn't hurt to get a opinion from the surgeon who did the op at the hospital xx

• Posted

Yes I had broken my tibia and fibula and dislocated my foot I have 2screws in my left foot on the right side and a plate I. The left side of my leg the scar goes am

All the way over the ankle 23 stitches I think but the plate inside ends by the ankle just check see if yours ends in same place good luck with your recovery drawn

• Posted

Hi Lauren

Has you ankle been xrayed recently?

Perhaps the repair has broken loose.

How did the ankle feel before the hardware was removed?

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi Judith

I have not I had a x ray recently. But I am in pain all the time. I hate being in pain.

From

Lauren

• Posted

I have a x ray off both of my ankle doctor wants them. He also sent me for a CT scan. Getting the results on 21st December.
  • Posted

If your ankle was fused and hardware out causes pain...fusion has broken loose

if hardware was to hold ankle in position while the bones healed, the loss of stability after having hardware removed can cause pain because your tendons and muscles have not beenvused for quite some time. Tendons attach to bone and pull on the bone when we move.

Ice, ice, ice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.