I have a new, mild pain behind my eyes and I can’t determine what it is. Please help?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello!

For two days now, I've been experiencing mild pain on the right side of my forehead just above my eyebrow. It never happens to the left side of my forehead. It's not very bad at all, but I'm afraid that if it persists, it will get worse. I had two spells of pain yesterday in the morning and afternoon, and today I didn't experience any pain at all until the late afternoon, and the pain was less severe than it was yesterday and didn't last as long (the episodes are fairly brief). It's not so much a headache as it is that a small area above my right eyebrow is a little tender and causes a dull, throbbing pain in my brow bone whenever I press on it. It rarely hurts by itself, and the pain is totally bearable but annoying. It's really bothering me, and even though I've done my research and checked my symptoms online and it doesn't seem to be anything particularly bad, I'm paranoid that it may turn out to be something worse.

Some potentially helpful information:

-My temperature is normal, maybe a little bit warmer than usual

-I don't have a cold or a cough

• I don't feel nauseous and I haven't vomited in several months
  • I don't experience any seizures or loss of balance/coordination

-I don't think I hit my head at any point

-I participated in vigorous exercise (jogging a mile nonstop) yesterday in the afternoon, which left me winded for about 20 minutes afterward. It caused cramping in my legs, but that happens every time I do any vigorous exercising, so it's not a huge concern.

-I was quite tired today, however I'm often tired as I sleep fairly late.

-I'm not experiencing any unusual sensitivity to light or loud noises.

-My ears are a little red, but they don't hurt.

-I often listen to music on my phone using earbuds.

-There are no bumps, redness, or itchiness on my neck or jaw.

-I recently recovered from a cold.

-There's nothing visibly different or wrong about me.

-There's a little tightness behind my eyes.

-No memory lapses or problems beyond occasionally forgetting the exact date or what day of the week it is.

Thanks in advance for any help. 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.