I have a operation which invloves use of general anesthesia, however i someitme have chest pain.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So, since i was young, i always had this sharp pain, which would only last about 2 to 5 sec (sometime 10 to 15 seconds but this is rare), within that 5 seconds, if i breath deeply or doesn't change my position, the pain gets worse. The sudden pain is usually on my left side of the cheat and only seems to occur when i am either sleeping/laying on my left or when i am sat in a weird position for a long time. Cause of the pain i never seems to sleep on my left and now i got use to sleeping on my right. Now that i have a operation which involves use of general anesthesia, i am worried that something might go wrong like my heart might stopped, i know it sounds dumb but that is one of my biggest and only concern.

By the way, i am 18 year old male from UK and never had a medical history before.

Looking forward to any advice and information regrading my concern.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As you are in the UK and going to have a general anaesthetic I know you will be completely tested for any heart related problems before amongst other things, if they even find a small problem they will sort it before they proceed with the op, all the tests are carried out pre op so you will likely have the tests a couple of weeks before they operate.

Don't worry about it but mention it before so they can completely reassure you before hand.

Is it a major or minor op.

• Posted

Thank you for you reply.

Any idea what it could be, or if i should be worried about the condition itself?

• Posted

When you saw your GP regarding it what tests did they do and what diagnosis was given, it could be costochondritis which is quite common or just muscle spasms caused by the muscles in between the ribs, I would make an appointment to see your GP and talk it over, what is your op for

• Posted

Apologies for my poor English

i already had my pre-assignment check or something. They told me i am suitable for the operation and described me as "FIT". On this day, they tested my blood pressure, height, weight, and they took some sample, where they gave me a stick (doesn't know the correct term) where i was required to put it up my nose (not all the way in). Regretfully, i never mention this issue with them on the day of pre-assignment.

I am required to have a circumcision and was told it would last around 45-60 min and other information regrading the operation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.