I have a painless lump inside my nose, should I be worried?

Posted , 11 users are following.

I first noticed it a few weeks ago, since then it might've grown a little bit I think, but I'm not certain. It's inside my right nostril, and I can't see it in the mirror, but I can certainly feel the raised area when I put my finger in my nose. the lump is towards the back of my inner nose septum (I think it's called that, the smooth inner part of the nose anyway) there is a raised area/lump. It doesn't hurt, and it is painless. I also wouldn't say it's entirely soft, or rock hard. I'd say it's firm and hard, but it's not bone as I can actually press down on it.

Also, if I hold my left nostril down, the breathing from my right is also slightly more restricted and it's a bit harder to breath through the right nostil with the lump inside. But I have no cold symptoms, or a runny nose or really any other symptoms. But I am a bit worried about it nevertheless.

Help appreciated, thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, in the hopes that anyone still reads this, I still have the problem. After doing a bit of research myself I believe it to be either something called a 'Septal hematoma' or a 'Deviated Septum'. I recently discovered after feeling inside my nose that the left side of my septal wall is actually quite bent and is caving towards the right (presumably making it appear like that right side has a lump), which seems to be exactly what a deviated septum is described as. The only problem is that, A I was not born with this (it formed literally a few weeks back) and B, I have not hit my nose in any way recently. I remember lightly scratching my septal wall recently, but this wouldn't cause it would it? If anyone has any suggestions on what it might be and if it could still be a deviated septum (since it's curved and bent) I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Posted

Hi. Did you find out what this is? My GP didn't know if it was a deviated septum or a polyp. Have to see ENT
  • Posted

Hi treno.

Just wondering if you got your lump sorted?

As I've got the same lump on my right side too.

Many thanks

Wayne.

• Posted

What they tell you please?  I have same problem and wondering what kind of dr to see?  Wondered if it was a nasal pollyup?  Thc
  • Posted

Me too are having this problem, one side feels abit empty (my left side that has been breathing always good) my right side has a thick feeling to it (bulky as you mentioned) I have just recently had a Septoplasty but I feel minimal air through the nostril still, I am thinking to undergo a Turbinoplasty for my IT's if I don't hear from here.

• Posted

I'm not sure if you've sorted this problem but I've been experiencing this exact problem and again no knocking of my nose etc. I could have written your symptoms! Have you had a diagnosis for this as I'm concerned. I'm ok breathing during the day but night I get dry mouth recently. I know this was posted a while ago but any info please would be helpful right now? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.