I have a painless lump on my knee can someone help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi for a month now since this painless lump appeared on my knee before that I have hit my knee a few time against the side of the wall by accident. it sometimes disappears the lump well it does shrink sometimes than the lump gets bigger it's a bit up and down but I was wondering if anyone could tell by the pictures I upload that it ain't too serious it's like a egg shape size lump I'm worried it could be cancer I have doctors appointment in 2 weeks but I cant wait that long does anyone have any suggestions what it may be

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Does it move around and does it feel soft or hard? It's unlikely to be cancer, most lumps aren't, but still best to have it checked. If it's soft and/or movable it could be fluid, a fatty lump or cyst or maybe one of the bursas in the knee has become inflamed, although an inflamed bursa is usually quite painful. Can you ask for a cancellation if one comes through for an earlier appointment? Waiting is the pits, especially when that worry worm takes residence. I hope you get some answers soon. Take care and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

it is soft and it does move around but it's not painful I've had it for a month now

• Posted

I'm no medic, but have had quite a few lumps over the years. It sounds as if it could be a pocket of fluid, a cyst or a fatty lump. I wouldn't panic, especially as you say you knocked the knee several times and if it goes up and down it sounds more like a pocket of fluid, but still have it checked. Good luck.

• Posted

In my post above, can you see that the word 'lumps' is in blue? If you click on it, it takes you to a page describing lumps. You can then click on different blue lumps. Try the epidermoid and pilar cyst one, scroll down to the pictures of epidermoid cysts. They look very similar to your lump.

• Posted

Hi @Andrew12772

I see this was a some time ago did you manage to get to the bottom of it? I have one very similar in the same place. I've not banged my knee but kneel alot with work. if you could let me know the outcome of your appointment id very much appreciate it. thanks

antony

• Posted

sorry Lynda, just realised I'd put my post on your reply, sorry about that. hope you're well 😁

• Posted

I'd get to your physcian's office asap. I wouldnt want to put it off as you don't know what it is - except its not normal!

• Posted

Andrew, Suggest you seek medical advice ASAP, if in the UK try and get an emergencyappointment at your doctors surgery, if unsuccessful visit the emergency outpatient dept of your local hospital

• Posted

Hi @Andrew12772

I see this was a some time ago did you manage to get to the bottom of it? I have one very similar in the same place. I've not banged my knee but kneel alot with work. if you could let me know the outcome of your appointment id very much appreciate it. thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.