i have a para central scotoma and wondered if there was

Posted , 3 users are following.

had a field vision loss called a para central scotoma Anyone else have this problem and  do you know of anyone who has recovered  from it and got vision back in the blind spot

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. I wish I could say I'd heard of it before. I haven't and wish you the best in your search for information. 

Also, you could start a discussion by labeling it with this condition, and there's no telling how many people may respond to it.

Thank you and God Bless~ 

• Posted

this happens in approx 1 in 3 strokes Right side of brain  affects the eyes   and left side  speech Para central scotoma  is just an are area of field vision which has been lost
  • Posted

Hi there,

Para central scotoma is a new term for me. Never heard it before. My stroke has affected my vision too. There is loss of clarity in my vision though it is not really very bad. I dont know if it is scotoma too. Wl ask my neuro about it. Thanks for the info. God bless!

• Posted

what has happened to me is that  my central vision is ok and field vision was  blurry then i after  a week i noticed that i couldnt log in to laptop that was when i realized something else was wrong with vision Went for a field vision  test at optician  and found out that there was  an area of vision loss at 11 o clock this is called a para central scotoma With scanning everything  instead of looking i can take in the whole picture as they say although it be a bit differant from the normal way of looking at thingsHope you get an answer soon Did they try the field vision test on you? 
  • Posted

Hi! I wl see my neuro nx week. He has not done any vision field test yet. I should have it by the time i visit his clinic. Wl giv you update soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.