I have a problem with depression and need help.

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have allot of home issues with my mum specifically and have been depressed for maybe two years now. My parents are in denial and ive been extreamly suicidal recently, im scared of myself and what i might do i cant talk to anyone or see anyone for more professional help because im under 18 and my parents wont take me im scared of fading away from everyone and i can feel it happening again. My suicidal thoughts have gotten to the point of asking my siblings to hide things like medication and razzors. Im scared im driving my S.O away I dont know what to do. Can anyone help?

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If your parents won't take you, can you get to an emergency room/accident & emergency?

What a terrible situation to be in ?? keep talking here xx

• Posted

getting there isnt the hard part its things like payment and just in general what to say to my parents everytime i bring it up they basically squash it if that makes sense I've seen school psychologists (I'm still in high school) and they didn't help at all. I'm confused how i can be so scared of death but still suicidal. Only recently (past 6 months) did i try and get myself help before that i just tried as hard as possible to be 'normal'

• Posted

I'm sorry it's so hard for you ?? I don't know what to suggest as I'm in a country where we don't pay for healthcare directly. Keep coming on here until things get solved at home. There's a lot of support available. Also, can I suggest you go back to school psychologist and tell them you're suicidal! Ask them to speak to your parents. Shame on them for not supporting you xxx

• Posted

Hi are you still at school?  If so there must be a counsellor there you could speak to.  If you are at least 16 then you can see a doctor on your own and don't need your parents permission.   At least this is the case in the UK.  Are you from somewere else?  x

• Posted

I'm still in school, yes. I'm only 14 and arent in the uk im in aus im not sure if its the same here. Ive tried the school psycologists, ii have a bad habbit of pretending im okay and i think i did that with her one to many times so i stopped seeing her because she wasnt helping.

• Posted

Time to stop pretending, you can't go on like this alone xxx

• Posted

Please please please, get some help. Like somebody already said go to emergency. Talk to people on here, there are all sorts of people with varying levels of depression who understand what you are going through. xxx
    • Posted

Yes. Joanne is right. Go to to emergency Call 999. That's what they are paid for. There are many people here, who care about you. I am depressed too. But I am still here. Message me any time you need to. Day or night, Neville

• Posted

Joanne I am so sorry for what you are going through darling your life is so precious I hope your parents will see that you need help I agree with sld35 can one of your siblings go with you to the emergency unit they will find you the right help then maybe your parents will understand and realise how poorly you are. you need to get help as soon as you can my lovely this is a wonderful forum to be on and people will understand and will be here for you; try again with your parents it could be they dont know how to help; or tell them where you are going to er. they may realise you need the help. I know if it was one of my children I would be mortified to know they feel this way and want to get them all the help I could please let us know how you are getting on 
    • Posted

I wrote a letter to my psycologist im going to see her monday. This shall be the first step. The second i shall be taking is to see a doctor or talk to my parents about it. I'm still scared to their reaction when i bring it up again every other time theyve just said no joanne youre just tired so thats never a fun conversation (or its the its just one bad day little do they know thats just the bad day i told them about. In saying that i will make sure to stick around on this fourm its the best one ive been on. I thought about going to the er but i couldnt bring myself to go out the door. I know they could give me better help then the school can but i dont know i just couldnt.

• Posted

ER can be your last resort if you like, but don't rule it out if school and parents don't help.

Writing the letter and planning to talk to them is amazing, you're stronger than you think! If they tell you you're tired again, don't skulk off to your bedroom feeling defeated, tell them yes, I'm tired of feel miserable, lonely, an tired of wanting to die, terrified I may do it one day!

Tell them everything ok lovely, I wish you all the best xx

• Posted

try doing exercise to block out the depressive feelings.  Walking jogging or cycling might be good. get out of the house and get free of the stress for a bit.
  • Posted

Richard's absolutely right about the exercise. It really helps. It's hard initially due to low motivation, but it'll be good for you. When I was still in school, I was being bullied and had a very traumatic home life, going cycling and having my walkman (now an mp3 or iPod-showing my age there ??). It was my escape. Hope it helps you xx

• Posted

I used to go riding every afternoon but stopped to help out more at home. I could probably get back into it. I'll at least make an effort.

• Posted

Good for you, maybe a short ride so you can still help out. You sound like a lovely girl. Hope you get well soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.