I have a question for gastritis suffers

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all , i have gastritis ,. For those that also suffer this form of torment , what have you found that is the best for healing it , what is the worst ? And ,,, have any of you healed from it ?? Thanks guys

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

for every individual its different....food diary will be probably the best.

my enemies are dark chocolate, white rice, green beans.

friends...porridge....blueberries, low fat white yogurt.

but again its individual...so you have to find out whats working or whats causing you less stress.

• Posted

I take PPIs every day and certain times of the month I am more at risk so I keep a diary of my period to know when to avoid certain foods and drinks. I also take gavisc0n and if I need it ranitidine. If I forget to take my PPI or try and stop it always comes back. I suffer with polycystic ovarian syndrome and get very painful periods so I do have to take anti inflammatory medication, I find naproxen is the best for period pain but it is the worst for upsetting my stomach so I take double dose Nexium when I have to take them. Gastritis and oesophagitis are things I have to control with medication.

• Posted

I've suffered with gastritis since I was 17. I'm 20 now and I'm still having to take PPIS everyday. I have not changed my diet much which probably doesn't help at allšŸ¤¦. I will say one thing that has helped me tremendously, if you suffer any kind of depression or anxiety get that fixed first. if you have either of those it will make your symptoms much worse.

• Posted

Yeah they both seem to come together ,ugh ... Mine started because of low vitamin D levels

• Posted

Thank you guys for the replies .

• Posted

Hi there, (I'm new to Patient!)

I've been in and out of hospital the last few weeks, and am very new to gastritis and oesphagatis (still can't spell the word!) I have begun taking PPIs and am on the strongest dose possible however am not getting any relief from the pain in my upper stomach. Feels like its under my breastbone / ribcage. Most uncomfortable and I can barely sleep/ walk with it, however I have been told ginger or ginger ale could be a good fix for gastritis. So I'm awaiting some help to go grocery shopping tomorrow (as the pain has radiated to my back and I'm generally lethargic with it at the mo)

Have you tried ginger extracts before?

I particularly suffer with nausea (before and after food) so I was wondering if anyone could recommend something to alleviate that?

• Posted

its a slow process....dont expect miracles...ginger may help for some.... turmeric...mastic gum...elk...tried all..nothing helps.... let us know...

• Posted

Hi , sorry youre going through this , i drink ginger tea ... It does help , i am

• Posted

Like everyone else is saying, don't expect a quick recovery. Everyone is a little different depending on what's causing your gastritis. I was down almost 4 months before I started seeing real improvement. and if you don't change your diet it will just keep coming back.

• Posted

Yeah gastritis sucks !!! I can NOT wait to eat another grilled burger with the works again but mostly i want meatloaf !!! Yumo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.