I have a serious problem with my toe and nail and i am afraid.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've always faced a problem with cutting my toe nails and quite often it created some problems. But this time is the worst it has even been. For the past weeks id have some bleeding and puss around the left part of my left toenail, i assume due to some pieces of nail that i didn't cut and got lost in the meat there. So today i decided to restrict my blood flow there and try to cut that part of the grown nail, i used alcohol afterwards in order to sterilise the area but now it got more swollen than usual and the toe has a different colour. I am really afraid that this could be a really serious problem. I plan on seeing a doctor but i am afraid they'll have to take my nail out without anaesthesia or even cut my toe. you can see the situation in the attached photo.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Infected ingrown . Mine was even worse. Don't know to post a photo for you to compare.

• Posted

You need antibiotics because it is clearly infected/ingrown. 
    • Posted

Thank you, i'll plan a doctor appointment and he'll probably prescribe me something.

• Posted

John,

I know your post was 4 months ago but I wondered if you went to a doctor and if you were given an antibiotic and if so whether it was Terabifine.

• Posted

Very similar to mine. I would like to show you the photo. It would put your mind at rest.
  • Posted

Very similar to mine. I would like to show you the photo. It would put your mind at rest.
    • Posted

Hey, thank you for wanting to calm me down a bit. I guess i truly got a bit carried away by fear. Thank you anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.