I have a skin condition? I can't tell what it is

Posted , 3 users are following.

First off I know I should go to the doctors instead but I have an extremely stressful week of finals so I don't have time to. I am 19 years old, and I have been dealing with an autoimmune disease called ITP for the past 2-3 years. Recently I got something odd on my skin, it was first like a big mosquito bite and then it slowly flattened and now the middle is somewhat flaky. Days after I realized there were a few more flaky spots in my body and lots of mosquito-like bites with no flakyness in the center. I am getting very afraid of it being PLEVA, as i'm aware once you have an autoimmune disease you are more likely to get another one. It looks more like Pityrasis Rosea though, I can't decide so I have posted a picture.


0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

  • Posted

    i'd like to mention it's not itchy nor burning at all, it's just there
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    The doctor sounds like a good idea , if only to check your plethora of problems

    Have you considered bed bugs ?

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    You have probably hit the nail on the head when you mentioned stress.  That would trigger it.

    It looks a little like Pompholyx but that is generally very itchy.  It tends to have small blisters in patches, rather like the picture you posted 

    You say you have already have ITP, so you should probably go and see your doctor

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Badger ~

    Have you ever had the Epstein-Barr virus?  I'm asking that because sometimes can be  caused by a hypersensitivity reaction to infectious agents...such as the Epstein-Barr virus.  Other infectious agents include the adenovirus and parvovirus B19.  Meaning, the problem could actually be a secondary problem to something you may have had in the past.  Just a thought. 

    I'm not a doctor by any means but I did have a friend who did infact have the Epstein-Barr virus and she ended up with spots that look somewhat like yours...it was a while back so I could be mistaking.  You really should have a Dermatologist look at that before it gets out of hand and leaves scars.  Good Luck!


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up