I have a small stone sitting there for last 20 years or so .

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 65 .My LFT is fine .I used to get pain episodes  three four times in a year ,which have stopped .Now I feel continuous mild pain under my robs on my right hand side .I need to drink a lot of water when taking food otherwise it stucks.. Sometime I get constipation .The pain under the ribs is relived after some winds .I take restricted diet -try to avoid  oily food and sugar .However the food we eat is generally spicy.

My surgeon however advises for removal of the gallstones as he sees the stone sitting at the neck causing a shadow in one of the various ultrasounds .

I am confused should I go for the surgery .I don't have symptoms like loss of appetite or fever or lot of pain or nausea .

Can I get some advice on this forum please .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It is causing you pain and some of the other symptoms are down to that. You can wait and see but you’ll probably find in time it begins to cause more problems xx
    • Posted

Thanks Scottie  for your response .

Its a small solitary stone causing occasional problems, perhaps  I may wait and see . I  get pain under my ribs on the right  side , burning in the food pipe when eating- prompting to take a lot of water during my meals. Pain is not too frequent

Plus I get lot of winds and I have a somewhat  "white" liver as they call it. My surgeon says there is no treatment for white liver -I need to avoid all sort of fats .For the gallstone the recommendation is to get the gall bladder  out.

Any further comments from the forum shall be helpful  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.