I have a swollen lymph node for almost Five years

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, i have 34 years old and i noticed a lump in my neck (jugulodigastric lymph node) five years ago with no other symptoms.

It's a painless and movable one. Long axis is 1,5cm and short axis is less than 1cm.

I also have a seborrheic dermatitis in scalp and face since i'm a child.

My doc is not worried but i'm affraid about something severe. I'm very frustrated cause i don't have any answers and Dr Google scares me.

Do you think i would have other symptoms if it were a lymphoma or something severe?

Thank you for reading.

Any advices would be appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Does any one have advice?

I'm really worried...

• Posted

Am i the only one having lymph node since many years?

• Posted

No one?

• Posted

where? i have permanently swollen lymph nodes in my groin. when i was i child i had mono and my lymph nodes just stayed a little bigger from that time.

• Posted

Are you fighting off any lingering infection?

The Nodes swell under my jaw line whenever I'm overly fatigued or not eating my usually healthy diet!

• Posted

Hi there.

I know the unknown is very scary and can play tricks on your mind.

You stated that you have had this for 5 years, so please take some comfort that if it was truly serious it would have grown visibly larger by now and other symptoms would have shown.

There are many people that have enlarged lymph nodes for no apparent reason.

I currently have 20 enlarged lymph nodes in my chest with the largest at 2cm in diameter. These have been biopsied with no result. My oncologist stated " some people just have enlarged nodes for no known reason".

My advice would be to keep an eye on it. If it changes or you feel there is something else changing in your body then consult your DR. If it puts your mind at rest then seek a second opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.