I have a swollowing problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have had M.E for nearly 20 yrs and I also now have non epileptic attack disorder, I am writing to ask if anybody else with this condition has had any swollowing problems?? X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello 

Im currently under hospital about my throat as my food to me gets stuck when they say everything is fine and blame anxiety. I wondered if it could be my M.E but they said no. Iv just had camera down throat and biopsy from stomach to see if its a rare condition hope you get answers yourself its so frustrating i feel sick all the time and am sick alot too. X

• Posted

So sorry to hear that, I’ve heard that m.e patients have been known to have swollowing problems. It is so frustrating that when you have a new symptom with this condition because they can’t come up with a medical solution then it must be anxiety. Hope you get some answers too.
  • Posted

Hi Sara

I have fibro and CFS. I find swallowing food difficult at times and always have to drink with a meal. I find bread worse but have to eat fairly slowly.

It doesn’t happen all the time though.

Perhaps a GP appt is necessary ? Good luck

• Posted

Thankyou  I’ve just had an endoscopy but they found nothing, so looks like another weird symptom of this condition that we have to just deal with ,all the best to you xxx
  • Posted

Yes I have had swallowing problems. I’ve only just had CFS diagnosed after being tired for years.  I’ve had choking problems when I was eating so have had various tests, investigations and a throat operation where tubes were widened and I haven’t had a proper choking episode since.  I do have other medical conditions that might be more connected to it than CFS, but I was interested to read your comment!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.