I have a UTI on and off since january of this year. I need some advice! advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

In january of this year, i was feeling generally unwell with some abdominal pain and cramping. i decided to go to the ER where it turns out to be an ruptured ovarian cyst but in the midst of all the testing and scans, they also found out that i had a right kidney infection (pyelonephritis), which was a result from a long time untreated UTI i had. i got about about 5 days of IV norfloxacin and i was discharged and good. In about march starting i realised i started to pee very frequently, like 24/7s, some days passed by and i was passing bloody pee, started with severe lower back pain, fever, nausea and vomitting and severe dehydration, i went ER again, dipstick showed leaukocytes, dehydration, protein/blood etc. was admitted again for a week, got IV recophin which obviously didnt work because within a week of dscharged the symptoms all came back, anyone who ever had a kidney infection from a uti before knows how gravely ill you can feel. Due to taking so many antibiotics since this year, i have become resistant to them, This timearound i didnt have a the regular e.coli bacteria, I had ESBL E.COLI. esbl means its literally resistant to ALL common uti antibiotics, i was readmitted for 2 weeks this time recieving a very strong antibiotic called Meropenem 3000grams a day. So i have just been out the hospital last saturday, im still having alot of anxiety and sad feelings of depression as this is literally no life, i think everything would be good now recieveing the most powerful antibiotic in thie country but im still peeing 1-2 times every hour or two hours, no burning thou. i still have extreme tenderness and soreness to the sides and kidney areas, they hurt upon touch, and im stiill generally feeling unwelll, i dont feel like my normal self anymore, and i still dont understnad why am i still peeing so often? why dont i feel normal again, i truly would love some advice now or anyone who have been through it. 

btw i had ultrasounds and KUB ct scan and blood works which were normal. there is no abnormality of my urinary tract, and my kidney function is normal, there working perfectly. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

PS  its really the kidney infections that are worrying me the most, they make me feel horribly sick. i live in fear everyday of getting another one anytime soon, if anyone have also had kidney infections please let me know about yours or te esbl superbug. i want to know if i will ever get better.
    • Posted

I think the only advice I can give and it is very important is to manage your fears, anxiety and over thinking.

All of these will always worsen any condition or disease.. and really will affect it!

In my beliefs, what you think about will happen.. so if you afraid about getting ill again or your condition is not cured , it will happen.. as long as you took all the steps to treat your condition it will be fine!

So, practice your normal daily activities.. and try as much as you can - I know it's not easy- to remove those thoughts of your head..

Another advise maybe will help,

As long as your kidneys are functioning well, I think it will be beneficial to drink plenty of water to flush your urinary tract

Q: did had urine culture? That will help the type of treatment suitable for you.

Best of luck!! :-)

• Posted

im not sure if you read my actual post, but i was hositalised 3 times since january, that means i have had countless urine cultures, which showed the e.coli and esbl e.coli growing in my urine. the last iv antibiotic i got was meropenem and thats the strongest here, i just dont know how im getting them so often, i agree with u 100% that anxiety does makes thing s worst especially when  u actually have an actual anxiety disorder like myself. but sometimes how will i stop the  worry, i got it al of 3 times consectutively , i just think there will be a 4th. i do appreciate u taking the time out and trying ur best to help me thou, thank u ve much. 

yes i am trying to drink alot of water too, but today im pushed back, only gone abt 4 glasses, thats bad sad

• Posted

Yeah I'm sorry about that😅, of course I read your post, forgive me.. sometimes I read and forget or not to correlate what I read.. I don't know if it is actual problem or not.. hahaha

anyway, try not to forget about your rehydration, and maybe some exercise will be nice too! :-), and of course healthy diet.

Q, is your immune system is fine?

Did you had CBC test to check your white blood cells count? Just asking

What about your diet?

I wish you best of luck, and I really hope that it will never recur again.

• Posted

yeah my immune is fine, i think anxiety has weakened it a bit though, but my CBC was fine, showed a normal amount of white blood cells. 

im drinking alot more and more fruits. 

i hope never too, but i still feel quite ill so idk, still peeing often and my kidneys still hurt, tender and sore. but the dr says im sterilezed cause i just got out a few days ago after 2 whole weeks. idk whats wrong with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.