I have a weak spot for sodas or sweet drinks. Does anyone have any alternatives?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I usually drink coke (I know it's awful) or like Linton tea. But I know that it's got to stop. The best thing to drink would be water but I have a hard time getting through 2 bottles a day.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I like to squeeze a half lemon in my water every morning. You could try to buy those water bottles that have a spot to put fruit in the middle like strawberry oranges or lemons. It sweetens ur water and gives u some vitamin C.
  • Posted

Kotie, I can't find where to send you a PM and I posted my email to you last night but it wouldn't post because I guess we aren't allowed to send links. I do suggest you go to Faebook and join the group Hidrenitis Supportiva Support Group. It has 7890+ members and we all share our pain and pics and what helps us. Look me up and friend me. I'm Amy Long Baker

• Posted

I think I just added you on facebook. My name is Dakota. Thank you! I had no clue there was so much support out there!
    • Posted

I added as well. Waiting to get approved now. Thanks!
  • Posted

Tea Soda: steep 2 tea bags of your favourite herbal tea in 3 cups of boiling water. Chill. Add 1 cup of sparkling mineral or soda water.

Soda water with Apple juice: Best if you juice your apples yourself. I always do 3 parts sparkling soda water & 1 part apple juice. You can also replace apple juice with orange juice or any other juice if you prefer. 

Chai Latte:Steep one or two chai tea bags in a cup of unsweetened almond milk, and spice it up with cinnamon and black pepper for an extra flavor kick.

Lemonade: Mix water, fresh-squeezed lemons, zero-calorie sweetener, and ice.

Home made Ginger Ale:  add a spoonful of finely grated ginger to a glass of seltzer water. If you want you can add zero calorie sweetener.

Coconut water: Buy the unflavoured and unsweetened coconut water.

• Posted

theres a brand of soda called zevia. sugar free. a couple flavours and theyre delicious!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.