i have alot of thyroid issue symptoms but doctor says test was norma

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had a baby in November a few days after having her my heart was 117 bpm resting I had ecgs a test for pulmonary embolism and a 24 hour holder monitor which showed normal heart rhythm but high heart rate so was put on beta blockers. along with this I lost 3 stone in about 4 weeks of having the baby and put it all back on two months later. doctors put it down to anxiety and prescribed anti depressants as I've suffered with anxiety before but I just no in myself that it isn't this. I started don't extremely fatigued, loss of concentration, brain fog and short term memory loss, cystic acne, lots of hair loss including pubic area and some eyelashes, anxiety and depression, night sweats, air hunger feel like I can't get enough air in, dizziness the list is endless. I was convinced I was dying slowly as I just can't seem to feel better. I've been doing my morning basal temp which is on average 35.6 which is low. I asked for a thyroid test which came back as tsh 2.94 which doctor said is 'normal' I just want to feel better and do the things I used to enjoy doing. anybody have or had the same sort of symptoms and got a diagnosis? my doctor also said the symptoms I describe are hypo and hyper which isn't possible?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi

it looks like hypo to me when looked on the symptoms you have mentioned. My tsh at the moment is less than 1. My suggestion would be to make an appointment with an endocrinologist. They are the expert in the issue and they have experience in dealing with different individuals with various symptoms where as gp just follow the standard procedures.  They just look on the TSH ranges and decides whether it is normal or not. We all are different and different people might have different symptoms.

Thyroid issue can be solved once the cause is known. So dont worry too much. I was put on antidepressants and sleeping tablet when i had the issue.

• Posted

Yes I've had these symptoms but my tsh was 20. I've become worse on meds . I'm so fed up. I've just had another funny turn this evening. The symptoms really worry me.

You do need other tests carried outcry give fuller picture. Did they test antibodies? High antibodies can cause problems

• Posted

Typical of the problems you will find in the UK unfortunately. A TSH that high is Hypothyroid to me, (and exactly the problems I had!) but you will find few UK Doctors and even fewer Endocrinologists that will treat at those levels.

What you need first are a full raft of tests... Free T4 and Free T3, plus antbodies, which is hard enough the get on the NHS!

Search for "Thyroid UK" for a site full of info, sadly your problems are not rare here, but at least there are people tehre with experience of getting to the root of the problems.

• Posted

thanks for your replies. I'm still no closer to getting answers or feeling better. I've had antibodies checked and doctor said they were normal didn't give me the results myself tho. I've had b12 iron full blood count which doctor said is satisfactory. I'm still having really bad sweats chest pain vertigo I have a swollen Tongue still having trouble concentrating and memory loss and my morning basal temp is always below 36°c I just don't know what to do from here x
  • Posted

recently had my thyriod checked again reading this time was 3.82 but still doctor isn't bothered about it. my vit d levels are also just below what they should be. I've put so much weight on 5 pound in one week this week. still no where near getting anything sorted. any suggestions?

• Posted

How old are you if you don't mind me asking , i am also hypothyroid with positive antibodies , my tsh was always classed as borderline 4.85 and i always got sent home , a different doctor checked it for me 3mths later but also checked my thyroid antibodies and they came back really high and my tsh had jumped to 5.78 , go see another doctor and ask to have antibodies checked as well

The reason im asking how old you are is alot of thyroid symptoms are the same as peri-menopause / menopause symptoms , i know this as i am currently experiencing both , might be worth you getting g an FSH test done as well

• Posted

I'm only 25 think it might be to early for menopause although I haven't had a period for 2 months now and Deffo not pregnant. I think doctors just think I'm crazy now and that nothings wrong

• Posted

In that case pet , ask to have antibodies checked or to be referred to a endocrinologist
  • Posted

You can't really tell by tsh. Mine was 2.9. The normal ranges are outdated. (0-2.5 or 3) with women at child bearing age at preferable a 1.5. I just started armour today. Make them check your free t4, free t3, reverse t3, and antibodies.

• Posted

have a doctors appointment in the morning so hopefully can get them to listen this time. any ideas on what I can say to them so I don't sound like I'm loosing the plot lol

• Posted

been back to the doctors and he said he's going to check me again in November to see if it's gone over the "normal" range. by then it will have been a year that I've been feeling like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.