I have ALT 55

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,  I am a slim 45 year old female . 

I have  ALT 55  (my lab normal range is 7-53) , all the rest hepatic results are good. 

?I had  to take two antibiotics last month for throat/bronchitis  and this month I had to take a medicine for stomach parasites ,  could those medicines elevate ALT?

?I am worried.  Please tell me your comments.   

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Using only 2 antibiotics the previous month would hardly make anyit alteration in ur alt levels . Having said that ur hepatitis panels are all good thats a good sign . Still this is a very mild elevation anything within 50 should be considered normal . Mine was 73 and after ahealthy lifestyle and exercise it went down to 47 my upper higher limit was 72 as per my lab . It varies from lab to lab . I was asked to do an ultrasound of the liver which showed grade 1 fatty liver . In my opinion I would suggest u to have an ultrasound to know the cause . And if it is fatty liver which is the most common reason of mild elevation in alt then a healthy eating and regular exercise will be of great help and in reversing the disease as well with atleast 5percent of reduction pf ur body weight.
  • Posted

Hi Monika,

This is Mandeep I am 33 now and pregranant of 6 months baby.

I think you do not need worry. 50 is normal. I had a ALT 372 yesterday. Now I will go for further liver ultrasound.

Will keep posted here.

• Posted

Thank you mandeep0523!

Yes get checked , when I was pregnant I developed hellp syndrome at the very end , my liver enzimes were elevated. Hopefully is not your case!

After delivery all my levels went to normal spontanously and have been normal since. Until now this very mild thing.

Let me know!

• Posted

Hey Monica

Thanks for letting me know. I was worried that my level are ten time higher than normal.

Today, I have an appointment with my doctor. Let's see what he suggest.

• Posted

Mandee , 

Do mention “hellp syndrome” to your Dr as that complication elevates liver enzimes  proteinura and other things.

Hopefully not your case!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.