I have an Anal Fissure and I am currently on Rectogesic, can I still drink alcohol when I'm using it

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am currently suffering from an anal fissure and I have been prescribed Rectogesic and I'm wondering if I can still drink alcohol? I'm going out for my sister's 18th and I'm wondering would alcohol make more lightheaded and dizzy than usual when I am using Rectogesic?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi . I don't think you can have alcohol because side efects. And more importantly because of your fissure.

• Posted

Hi Jonathan,

​Really hope your ok and not in to much Pain, yes i use Rectogesic when i have a set back it certainly works for me, pain releif acts very quickly.

​I know you will be Celebrating your Sisters Big Birthday but dont drink as much as you would have had before.

When i have a set back and use Rectogesic i still drink wine but its not in a Party Mode eh.

​Have a Great Party Enjoy.

​Clive UK Birmingham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.