I have an anal fissure, it itches, I can't help but scratch it and then It hurts for hours.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with an anal fissure 3 weeks ago.  The Doctor prescribed Destin, Stool Softeners, and Sitz Baths.  The problem however lies in when I pass a stool and I clean the area, I think I am making the fissure worse with the way I clean it as I push hard with the tissue paper, because if I don't the area doesn't seem to be clean.  I've tried using the preparation H wet wipes containing Witch Hazel and Aloe, but they haven't helped, and the doctor actually told me that the preparation H may be making the fissure worse.  I asked a pharmacist about this and she also agreed and said the best course of action is a Sitz bath, but I can't just be taking baths all day, is there anything else I can do? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sean

I'm sorry you're having this awful problem I know it all too well. First and foremost you need to not wipe at all. After going you need to get into a little tiny area of your bathtub or shower where you can clean it with water only and then pat it dry. I have found that using coconut oil and even more so using diaper rash cream to be the most effective I use Burts bees because it has 70% zinc and the zinc help it to heal. It also gives a protecrive coding and stops all burning and when you pass stool again it creates a barrier to minimize pain you Will need to apply this after each bowle movement. Eating lots of vegetables and fiber will help greatly. Eating soft foods taking extra beneficial flora will help greatly

Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery I found a wonderful homeopathic official remedy on the Internet that works amazing private message me and I'll give you the information

• Posted

Sean-I am using colace (stool softener) and magnesium citrate to move things through. This allows it to all come out first thing in the am allowing me to go on with my day and also giving for more healing time between BMs

I take 1 tsp mag calm after lunch and two stool softeners with dinner. At bedtime I take 1table spoon mag and if I. We'd more I inche up by 1/2 or 1/4 teaspoon. Don't take to much or it can cause burning diarreeaha. It is all natural and non addictive . You may want to try to to get everything out in am and then clean with water and then apply oitment and go on your way- 8 truly hope this helps it is nightmare I know

• Posted

I had a couple fissures and the way I cured is by get a bidet seat for my toilet. This help to get it clean without touching it which can cause issues as you are aware. I have been trouvle for over a year now just by doing that. Had troubles for years. The do have one at costco if you are near one. I really hope this helps.
    • Posted

I agree I also purchased a toilet seat like the above mentioned and it has helped so much ! Easy to have it installed and not that expensive
  • Posted

I had them for two years, and had different lotions and potions, to no avail. So what you do is drink 2-4 extra pints of water everyday. This will stop hard stools forming, which is one of a few reasons for anal fissures. Mine went in a few weeks, aw doing the water thing.
    • Posted

Yes drinking half your body weight in ounces of water helps ons, and introducing smoothies in your diet too. You need your stool to be extra soft. decrease bread and cheese too.
    • Posted

The annoying thing was, that if my doctor had suggested the extra water in the beginning, it would have saved me two years of misery. I worked the water thing out myself one day!
  • Posted

Hi Sean,

​Reall sorry mate that you are going through this agony like many other people have as well and still are.

​Have you read my Feedback to others.

​Clive ( UK )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.