I have an external Hemorrhoid

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 4 weeks ago I had a rough BM and after I finished I thought I had to keep going so I kept pushing but nothing came out. for a few days my anus felt a bit sore then a day later I noticed this bump on the outside of my anus like literally right on the outside, it is as big as the tip of my finger. it doesn't hurt, doesn't cause any pain but does itch a little time to time not much.,There is some pressure. Like someone is sticking the tip of their finger in my anus opening. 

I dunno if it will go away on its own how long it'll stay etc. I have had two Bm's since I had it and both have been gentle ones and soft so no pressure was pushed on it. How long until this thing goes away on its own?

I have had this thing for about a 2 weeks now, and if I stick my finger inside I can feel the swollen vein going along to it and inside up to about an inch in is where the swelling of the vein stops.

as of 5 days ago there is no pain now, no itching, no nothing. sometimes I don't even know it is there till I have a bm or I shower. but the size hasn't gone down at all and hasn't changed. it is still as big as the tip of my pinky finger. There isn't even pressure from it anymore. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My advice: Get a foot stool to put your feet up on when you go to the loo. It puts you in a more natural position and helps to cure piles and prevent further problems. You can buy cheap on internet. I can’t recommend them highly enough. A real life changer. X 
  • Posted

mine sounds just like yours, can i get an update ?? how long did it take to go??

• Edited

make a warm bath with epsom salt and witch hazel! drink 8-12 glasses of water a day and it shrunk mine!

• Posted

hello there, please can i ask you, was yours external? after using epsom salts and witch hazel how long did it take for the piles to shrink? thank you

• Edited

yes mine was external and it was a stubborn one too! i did this twice a day for about a weeka nd lukcily it started to shrink quick and in 2weeks it was pretty much gone. make sure the bath is warm and not hot. and eats lots of fibre to prevent flare ups

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.