I have an external Hemorrhoid needing advice...

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 2 weeks ago I had a rough BM and after I finished I thought I had to keep going so I kept pushing but nothing came out. for a few days my anus felt a bit sore then a day later I noticed this bump on the outside of my anus like literally right on the outside, it is as big as the tip of my finger. it doesn't hurt, doesn't cause any pain but does itch a little time to time not much.,There is some pressure. Like someone is sticking the tip of their finger in my anus opening. 

I dunno if it will go away on its own how long it'll stay etc. I have had two Bm's since I had it and both have been gentle ones and soft so no pressure was pushed on it. How long until this thing goes away on its own?

I have had this thing for about a week now, and if I stick my finger inside I can feel the swollen vein going along to it and inside up to about an inch in is where the swelling of the vein stops.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes it will go away by itself but it might take a few weeks (anywhere between 2 and 6). If it isn’t painful it’s probably just an external hm and luckily for you it isn’t thrombosed! My advice to you to speed the healing process:

1. Drink 2L of water a day

2. Increase your fiber intake

3. Use a cream with allantoïn to soothe pain and/or itching 

4. Use unfragranced wipes instead of toilet paper as it can irritate external hms

5. Take some light exercise daily and don’t sit for long periods of time

6. Sleep on your side or your stomach

7. (Most important) Be patient

If it thromboses, go to the ER within 72 hours to have the clot removed.

Hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

How do I know if it is thromboses?
    • Posted

The pain is very intense, it’s a hard lump with a lot of pressure felt inside and purple in colour. You say you’re not in pain so I doubt it is thrombosed.
    • Posted

I can't tell the color but it is kinda squishy not hard but semi hard.

• Posted

Hi, try some essential oils, Peppermint, Cypress, Frankincense, Tea Tree, 2 drops of essential oil to a teaspoon of carrier oil, a carrier oil like sweet almond oil or Jojoba Oil, you can mix these essential oils in combination, 2 drops of each to 4 teaspoons of carrier oil, don't use essential oils neat, when mixed just massage on the problem area, essential oils have many beneficial properties, anti inflammatory, astringent, anti microbial, antiseptic, etc, check them out online.

• Posted

I think you should go to your doctor as we on this forum are not doctor's.

• Posted

To prevent recurrence get yourself a toilet stool to put your feet up on when going to the loo. It gets you into a more natural position and I have found it to be a complete cure for piles. Good luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.