I have an extreme fear of sudden cardiac arrest

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I have been suffering from this wired fear lately . I have an intense fear of SCA. I believe I might pass out any moment. This fear is really controlling my life . The worst part is that I can't seem to understand whether I have a physical problem or is it just anxiety? I have these wired feelings in my chest accompanied with 24/7 lightheadedness. I feel as if my heart instead of beating is wriggling . I sometimes have this episode where all of a sudden I can feel my heart beat in the chest but it's like a very paused and forceful beating like it beats then it feels like it stops for a moment and then again beats but it seems as if it's forceful. I have had TMT test , echo test blood tests and numerous visits to the doctor and to the ER but they always say it's my nerves . My psychiatrist also thinks it's Generalized anxiety disorder? What is it really and how do I get myself free from its fringes ? I am an 17 yr old whose life has been turn upside down literally by this incident .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you on any anti anxiety meds? I had the same feeling for a long time. Although it turns out I have a heart condition but is not life threatening. I'm recently doing a nuclear stress test today and tomorrow just to rule out any other problems. But go see a cardiologist. I had to get a second opinion on mine and I'm glad I did.

• Posted

What condition do you have if you don't mind me asking

• Posted

Diastolic dysfunction it's better then having systolic I've been told. But mines controlled with a beta blocker.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.