I have and upcoming anterior repair for 3 rectoceles

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im nervous

I have 3 rectoceles (stage 1; stage 2; and stage 3 almost stage 4).

I have been flagged for upcoming surgery....but have been delaying by choice (deferral) due to finances being tight and also apprehension.

They are doing a vaginal ultrasound on Apr 20... I'm ok with that. I am cp cerned about my cervix. I will be going to get it checked after 2 abnomal pap tests. It also feels lower and easier to reach.

I have to press inside my birth canal to fully void my bowels. It's humiliating. I have a much lower sex drive. I leak urine when I cough; sneeze; vomit; and climax.

I am 47.5 and am done having kids. I have a loving supportive family; 2 kids ages 10 and 14 who are great helpers. I am the main cook & caregiver in our home. I am closing my in home daycare to recover from the surgery I'm predicting will happen around August.

Can anyone tell me what to expect? I am in BC Canada

Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am nearly two weeks post op. 

You can expect to feel like you can do more than you actually can after the op. I have 3 children 17,14 and 18 months. It’s so hard to not do ANYTHING. I think I’ve done too much by way of doing a bit of washing up or making a bit of food. I have avoided any lifting of anything heavy such as lifting the youngest or putting washing away. However , just trying to do a few tasks has really made me tired.  My husband has had 2.5 weeks off to help but the worst is letting it all be done for you but it is so important to just rest. So make sure you have lots of help.

We bulked bought lots of essentials and snack foods for the older kids to make themselves etc. 

I have my mum to come and have baby when partner goes back to work to avoid straining . 

It’s the best decision I’ve made to have it done. Just have to rest after and do nothing , it’s so hard to go from active to nothing but so important to make sure it’s successful.

Xx

• Posted

Tyvm for your reply!! In hope.you feel better soon and you are well cared for. Any other tips for recovery are appreciated 😊

• Posted

I am 3 weeks and 2 days post op Rectocele repair. I am not even sure how the doctor made my incisions but I know I see stitches inside the vagina. Anyway....I have felt like going places and doing some house work but I don’t do it long. It seems my surgical site stays swollen no matter what I do. I put ice on it and it doesn’t help. I hope it helps you. 
  • Posted

I have uncovered loss of income as a self employed person with no EI benefits so I started a gofundme account purely to cover those costs. My medical expenses are covered by my husband's government medical.

In 24hrs it raised 1G of the 4.5 as goal

My mom and Milaw think it's ridiculous/begging/shameful.

Thoughts?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.