I have arthritis and don't know what to do

Posted , 6 users are following.

Knees are very swollen and painful. Taking naproxeb.

I have a xray booked, but in the meantime do i rest it completely or try and do gentle exercise. Can't walk on it properly as it gives way.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would ice when u r resting and go to sporting goods store to buy a compression sleeve.   That will give some support and might help with the swelling 
  • Posted

I understand what you are going through, it's such a painful condition.

• Posted

Hi Vicky.  Use plenty of ice packs on your knees a packet of frozen peas will do the trick I have had a TKR and I use ice packs I don't have pain in my right knee now I'm having my left knee done next year as mine needs doing it affects my back and my knee gives way a lot I can't wait to have it done.use the ice packs for about 20 minutes  as often as you can do it that will help you. 

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Vicy,

I'm wondering if you have you seen a Rheumatologist, if not ask your GP to refer you.  They are qualified to advise you what to do.  Without this expert advice you could inadvertently do more harm than good.    I hope things ease for you soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.