I have been 75m of venlafaxine for 5 weeks and I am still getting anxiety and nausea has any else experiencethis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can the side effects of venlafaxine last so long

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Venlafaxine is supposed to work quicker than SSRIs but I found that it still took several months before I felt better. You might need a higher dose but I found that 150mg was too activating for my anxiety,.

• Posted

Hi Mark , it's such a long time since I was prescribed Venlafaxine I can't remember now but I guess if you stick with it things will settle down. Just remember to take it as prescribed at the same time of day as that can be a problem.. I know side effects of either forgetting or not taking it at regular intervals can mess with your head and body. Take care Irene

• Posted

yes they can, i had the exact same issue with it but i kept on it and it wasnt long after that it went away. if you ever get the dose increased expect it to come back, not as bad but i could feel it for sure. keep with it and itll subside

• Posted

to stop the nausea remember to eat something when you take the medication..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.